We are recruiting for an Ophthalmologist on behalf of a leading Eye & Ear Hospital in the Rep. of Ireland.
An Ophthalmic Physician is a doctor who works in an outpatient setting treating a variety of medical eye disease.
To be eligible for registration as a medical ophthalmologist/ophthalmic physician with the Irish Medical Council, doctors must have undergone a five-year basic medical degree, one year at intern grade followed by a minimum of three years of basic specialist training and a minimum of two years’ experience at ophthalmology registrar grade. Many candidates will also undergo a subspecialist fellowship (1–2 years). Candidates must have possess the Diploma in Ophthalmology of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Ireland or a professional qualification at least equivalent to this (e.g. EBOD, FRCOphth; American Board of Ophthalmology Exams, FRANZCO).
The salary scale for this post is €92,831 – €97,037 per annum, full-time post only.
Successful candidates must:
1) Be eligible for specialist registration in the specialty of ophthalmology with the Irish Medical Council
2) Provide satisfactory references (independently sought) from three referees, one of whom should be a current employer/supervisor.
3) Satisfactory police clearance indicating there are no previous or pending criminal convictions.
4) IELTs exam (if applicable).
5) Visa/Work Permit eligibility (if applicable).